What dessert is more appropriate for spring than Lemon Pound Cake? Light, moist, and lemon-y, this cake is just as enjoyable to prepare as it is to eat! Try this recipe from Good Housekeeping, and you’ll see just how simple it is to create a bakery-worthy Lemon Pound Cake at home.
• 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature plus more for pan
• 2 3/4 cups granulated sugar
• 3 tablespoons (packed) grated lemon zest plus ¼ cup lemon juice
• 6 large eggs, at room temperature
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 1 cup sour cream, at room temperature
• 1 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
• 2 to 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Very generously butter and flour a large (15-cup) Bundt pan, tapping out excess flour. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest on medium-high until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to medium and add eggs one at a time, beating until incorporated before adding the next. Mix in vanilla and lemon juice.
3. Reduce mixer speed to low and add flour mixture in three parts, alternating with sour cream and beating just until incorporated (do not overmix).
4. Spoon large spoonfuls of batter into prepared pan, tapping the pan on the counter every so often, then smooth top. Bake on the middle rack for 35 minutes. Tent with foil, rotate the pan, and bake until a wooden pick inserted comes out with loose crumbs attached, 20 to 30 minutes more.
5. Let cake cool in pan 5 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet or waxed paper and remove pan. Let cool completely.
6. Once the cake has cooled, prepare the icing. In a small bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, adding more lemon juice to make a thick but pourable icing. Spoon icing over the top of the cake, allowing to drip naturally downsides. Let sit for 30 minutes.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at Savannah West Apartments in Kansas City, Missouri encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.