Making our residents’ lives easier and more enjoyable is a primary goal of ours at Savannah West Apartments in Kansas City, Missouri. We hope that these new ideas add convenience to your day-to-day routine!
Social media – we love it, we hate it. Most of the time, we need it, or feel like we do, anyway. Even though social media connects us with people around the world and allows us to stay in touch with old friends and distant family members, it can be full of dangers, whether it’s an online troll or disruptive hacker. So, if it’s hard to separate yourself from these platforms completely, put the follow ideas in your back pocket for the times you need them most. Check them out below!
- Use a strong password. Make it long and use a variety of characters. Be sure to differentiate your passwords between accounts.
- Set up your security answers and remember not to pick questions that someone could easily guess the answer to.
- If you have social media apps on your phone, be sure to password protect your device.
- Don’t accept or follow just anyone. Fake accounts are very common on social media sites, so be wary of anyone you come into contact with who is not a real-world acquaintance.
- Click links with caution. Keep in mind that social media accounts are regularly hacked, and millions of people are affected every year. If a post seems spammy, it probably is.
- Be careful about what you share. Don’t reveal sensitive personal information to anyone online, like your home address or banking information. Doing so could result in you having your identity stolen.
- Take advantage of privacy settings. Customizing your privacy settings to control who sees what can help you avoid trouble with shady social media users.