French toast is a decadent breakfast item that involves soaking fluffy French bread in an egg mixture before lightly browning on each side. Though delicious when prepared the traditional way, eggnog is one seasonal ingredient that really pumps up the flavor of this already-tasty dish! Prepare this recipe for Eggnog French Toast and you might just make it your new Christmas morning meal of choice.
• 2 eggs, beaten slightly
• 1?½ cups eggnog
• 1?½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
• 12 slices French bread
1. Whisk eggs, eggnog, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a mixing bowl until well blended. Pour the mixture into a shallow dish.
2. Preheat an electric skillet to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease the skillet. If you don’t have an electric skillet, heat an appropriately sized pan over the range until medium-hot.
3. Dip one slice of bread at a time into the eggnog mixture, being sure to coat each side of the bread thoroughly.
4. Place the prepared bread slices into the preheated skillet, and cook, turning once, until golden brown on each side. Place cooked slices on a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm until all French toast is cooked. Serve immediately.
Mix-up something scrumptious with this special recipe provided to you by Savannah West Apartments in Kansas City, Missouri, and put our updated, fully equipped kitchens to good use!