There’s nothing like expanding your meal plan with a new recipe! Savannah West Apartments in Kansas City, Missouri is proud to introduce you to new meal ideas that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.
Who doesn’t love a traditional, rich chocolate cake? It’s honestly the perfect dessert recipe that will have your family members and friends requesting seconds. They might even bother you to bake it all over again once the cake has disappeared! Served with fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and chocolate syrup, it’s no wonder this Devil’s Food Cake will vanish in an instant. Not only is it delicious, but it will also appease everyone’s sweet tooth. If you need no further convincing, you can get started on this recipe with the ingredients list and directions below.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
- In a small pan, melt the butter with the unsweetened chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Cream together the sugar and the eggs until light in color. Add the chocolate mixture to the eggs and temper mixture by beating well. Add 1 cup boiled water and blend well.
- Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Add the vinegar and the milk and stir into the chocolate batter, then pour into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The best clue is that you will start to smell the aroma of chocolate filling your apartment home!