Coming up with new meal ideas can be a challenge. Luckily, Savannah West Apartments in Kansas City, Missouri makes it simple by presenting deliciously realistic options, such as this one!
This Cobb Salad recipe from Good Housekeeping hits all the high points and will satisfy your craving for something hearty, salty, creamy, cheesy, and – above all – totally delicious. Made with blue cheese, bacon, boiled eggs, avocado, tomatoes, and chicken, it doesn’t take many ingredients, either. Whether you serve it before your main meal or let it be the star of the show, this salad is one that everyone in your family will ask for again and again! Check out the simple recipe below.
• 4 large eggs
• 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon, olive oil, divided
• 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 pound total)
• Kosher salt and pepper
• 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 8 cup torn lettuce leaves or greens
• 1 pound tomatoes (of mixed sizes, such as Campari, grape, and cherry), halved or cut into wedges
• 1 avocado, sliced
• 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 4 slices bacon, cooked and broken into pieces
• Crumbled blue cheese and toasted sandwich bread, for serving
1. Heat oven to 400°F. Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add eggs and cook for 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of cold water to cool; peel and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium oven-safe skillet on medium-high. Season chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip chicken over, cook 1 minute more, then transfer skillet to oven and roast chicken until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let sit at least 5 minutes before slicing.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the remaining 1/3 cup oil.
4. Halve eggs. Arrange lettuce, tomatoes, avocado, onion, bacon, eggs, and chicken on a platter. Serve with vinaigrette, and blue cheese, and toast if desired.