Many of us forget to stretch our back and/or neck – and this can be a major problem. So, take your lifestyle up a notch with this health hack. By regularly stretching the muscles, tendons, and ligaments that support the spine, you will experience endless benefits, including an improved range of motion and mobility. Believe it or not, you can even improve your mood by relieving tight muscles! Try the following stretches below, and you’ll never go back to your former routine.
- Start on the ground on all fours.
- With your big toes touching, spread your knees as far apart as they’ll go and sit your rear back onto your feet.
- Sit straight up with your arms extended above your head.
- On your next exhale, hinge at the waist and drop your upper body forward between your legs.
- Allow your forehead to touch the floor, your shoulders to spread, and your rear to sink back.
- Hold for at least 15 seconds.
- Sit sideways in a chair. Your right side should be resting against the back of the chair.
- Keeping your legs stationary, rotate your torso to the right, reaching for the back of the chair with your hands.
- Hold your upper body there, using your arms to stretch deeper and deeper as your muscles loosen.
- Hold for 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times on each side.
Behind the Back Neck Stretch
- Stand with your feet hip-distance apart, arms by your sides.
- Reach both hands behind your backside and hold onto your left wrist with your right hand.
- Use your right hand to gently straighten your left arm and pull it away from you slightly. To increase the stretch in your neck, slowly lower your right ear toward your shoulder.
- Stay here for 30 seconds and then switch sides.
Savannah West Apartments in Kansas City, Missouri