When it comes to Thanksgiving decorations, hardly any are as eye-catching as Bedazzled Thanksgiving Gourds. Yes, you read that right – bedazzling isn’t just for clothing or wearable accessories. You can also bedazzle your plain decorative gourds! For a simple DIY project with a big visual impact, try this easy tutorial. Trust us, one look and your friends will be dying to know where you bought them!
You will need:
• Dried gourds
• Tacky glue
• White and/or gold Sharpie markers
• Gold glitter glue
• Paint, if desired
1. If desired, start by arranging your rhinestones by color. If you’d like to use a rainbow assortment of rhinestones on your gourds, you can skip this step.
2. Paint your gourds if needed. If you are using real, dried out gourds, you will likely want to paint them a uniform color, like black, orange, or gold. If you are using faux gourds that are already painted and sealed, skip this step.
3. Once your gourds are ready for embellishments, start adding small designs with white or gold Sharpie markers. Try adding many small circles, waves, or diamond-shaped patterns. Use your imagination – there’s no right or wrong way to do this craft!
4. Add rhinestones, gluing in place as you go with tacky glue.
5. Once rhinestones are applied, trace around certain stones with the gold glitter glue paint. This will add an extra dimension and sparkle to your design.
6. When your gourds are embellished to perfection, allow them to dry fully, before displaying them wherever you’d like to add a bit of seasonal charm.
Whether it’s money, pet care, or DIY tips, we have all the information you need right here at Savannah West Apartments in Kansas City, Missouri. We invite you to enhance your lifestyle with these helpful tips and suggestions!